My app embed "refused to connect"?

I am embedding my app in another website, and it just says “app.anvil.app refused to connect”. I am using the embed link provided. In internet explorer it told me “to protect the security of the website the server owner has disabled showing it in a frame” or something like that.
Please help!

IE might be an issue, how about chrome and firefox?

I tried chrome first, then IE because it gives better error messages

Hi @michaelhrothkopf,

Welcome to the forum!

To embed an Anvil app in another page, you’ll need to allow embedding in the Publish dialog:

Hi Bridget, I guess that doesn’t work either. We’ve come across some issues with IE 11 as well. Since Microsoft still supports IE 11 with compatibility patches and technical support, many of our customers still use it. However, when trying to embedd an Anvil app with your above mentioned code it doesn’t load the app at all. In all other browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Safari it works just fine. Got in contact with Ian. I suppose he will look at some of the issues. Would be good to know some kind of workaround.

I had encountered the same issue while trying to embed an app to a web page.
The issue was that I hadn’t published the app after selecting the “Embed my app in a web page” checkbox, as @bridget suggested. Try to first select the checkbox and then publish the last version of your app.
It’s a silly suggestion, but you never know :stuck_out_tongue: