Making App While Using If/Elif Statements

Hello, I am brand new to Anvil and I am wondering if there are any resources to show how to design an application that uses a search box and if / elif statements. The idea behind the app is to have a search box and a button on the front end. Within the code, I want to have if and elif conditions that show results based on what the user typed into the search box, thanks for the help.

I would suggest starting with a text box and learning how to work with its callback events. You may search the documentation for “events” and peruse the tutorials for apps that use text boxes.

There are are also apps that can be cloned from the forum that deal with search boxes and so they can get you started. You can search the forum for such examples.

After that, you should be able to interject “if” statements into an app to suit you particular use case.

Please have a try at those suggestions and share your code if there are more specific areas that you need help with. We will try to point you in the right direction.

2 Likes