We’re looking to get KS3 computing students to learn coding through projects they can actually use with their community. The school is using Microsoft suite
and currently to create an account for each student the teacher has to create a password and also verify the email.

The students have an email but they don’t have access to it so the account verification and password setting requires a lot of work for a year group of 60 students. In addition, the school will be looking to have more students on next year.

Would it be possible to have a Microsoft SSO in addition to the google one?

1 Like

Hi @s.bebert and welcome!

There is already an integration to Microsoft available. It’s described in the docs just after the Google integration at Anvil Docs | Built-in Integrations

Hi @owen.campbell, I meant as way to create or log into an anvil account.

The first topic in the doc link I posted points to Anvil Docs | Microsoft Single Sign On

How does what you’re trying to do differ from what’s described?

The documentation link you sent is for login in an Anvil app.

I’m talking about login into an Anvil account using SSO. For example, in my current Anvil account, I’ve logged in via google SSO (via oauth2) so I don’t need to enter a password. As far as I know, the same oauth2 SSO can be set up for Microsoft (via AD).

Does that answer your question?

It does! Sorry for the confusion!

1 Like

A quick update, the school is looking to enroll 2-year groups so around 300 students.

The issue the IT staff has with giving students access to their email is that it’s a safeguarding risk. An Academy in the UK had to switch all of their emails off as a result of a ransomware attack in the past year.