šŸ‘‹ Introduce yourself!

Hello!

Iā€™m Dan and I work with Baker Tilly, out of Madison Wisconsin in the US. Our team uses Anvil for a fairly wide range of use-cases internally and externally (for our clients). For us, the benefits in developer productivity is where Anvil really shines!

I also use Anvil personally, mostly to monitor one aspect or another of my home brewing setup :slight_smile:.

7 Likes

Cheers,
I am Aaron from Salzburg and we develop simulators (for innovation management and sustainability) to support organisation to improve their innovation/sustainability power.
I started with python and had all the hustles with html, css etc. - Now I can cope with it by support of anvil - great.

6 Likes

Hi to everybody, i am an economist and financial advisor with passion for code and visual programming. So it is simple toa ppreciate and utilize anvil software for my personal tool. I stasrted this week to code.

6 Likes

Hi Iā€™m Jason from Texas.
Iā€™m a trained classical musician who had some programming in college (C, C++)ā€¦
I have played professionally yet spent the last decades precovid working first as an artist for instrument makes, then on the business/sales team, then as VP of sales of a large musical instrument maker.

Post Covid, we here in the arts are picking up the pieces that broke the arts during covid. I am involved with helping lots of freelancers ā€œget workā€ā€¦ and part of that is getting in control of their computers. Started a year ago learning some python, then tried web developement (wow, things have changed since the 90ā€™s :slight_smile: ) and, after losing my mind a couple of times, I found Anvil.

Worked through some tutorials, and I think it is the right balance for people like me. You guys do lots of the heavy lifting, but give us granular control of key things.

Iā€™m looking forward to replacing many of my nerfed spreadsheets with Anvil/Python apps, as well as helping others in the arts free themselves from the shackles of ā€œfree websitesā€.

Looking forward to learning and hopefully giving back.

9 Likes

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m Robert. My main role is a data science educator and university administrator in Mongolia (Iā€™m originally from Texas). I also just started a data blog, datafantic, where I use data to tell help understand the world around us.

I built our university student information system in Anvil and Iā€™ve made various other apps with Anvil as well. While I donā€™t use Anvil as much anymore, itā€™s still a product I believe in and the community is amazing.

10 Likes

Hi @james2,

You mention NLP: does your team work with group dynamics and efficient communication? Sales?

I found NLP in college as a ā€œperformance enhancement techā€ for classical musicians. In my sales/sales training career, I want a little ā€œback to the sourceā€ and did training/work in Ericksonā€™s work, as well as more ā€œpureā€ clinical ā€œhypnosisā€ program. Would be interested to see how you use the web to communicate or ā€œre-frameā€ :slight_smile: concepts. Looking forward to seeing more!

2 Likes

Ah @jason , the problem with acronyms. I meant Natural Language Processing. Understanding the meaning / intent of what someone has said.

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m Deri, based in Canterbury, England.
I morphed into being Founder/CEO at 3 successful companies , after a tech start to my career. And care alot about product dev/MVP/ marketing/Team building. Iā€™m now helping Founder/CEOā€™s kick off their own growth businesses.
Now looking at Anvil, as something I could perhaps recommend to my Founder network.

6 Likes

good luck with your Accelerator! They can be exhausting

2 Likes

Hey!
inspired by this technology from a demo on YouTube. Iā€™m starting to learn. I hope there is a friendly community here, I will have a lot of questions!

8 Likes

Hi everyone, Iā€™m new here from Granbury, TX. I hope to create a trade bot interface with some of the trading strategies weā€™ve developed over time and hope to integrate some AI/ML strategies.

I look forward to contributing and helping one another succeed.

5 Likes

Hi All,

Iā€™m based in Montreal, Iā€™m working as a bio-informatician, my goal is to bring automated processes, data science and AI to biology start-ups or others! I have a M sc in bioengineering from belgium and did additionnal trainings in data science.

I did the pipeline of the process of my company, with the time from cell culture to report and I noticed one thing: one of the bottlenecks is in the communication between neuro-scientists and data science. There are a lot of back and forth ā€œcould you change this graph, I want a graph showing this, could you show only condition A, B and C thereā€ etc.
Those are requests to understand the biology of neurons, but itā€™s lot of back and forth and lots of graphs.

My ultimate goal would be a dashboard with several graphs that is easy to find and open for neuroscientists, customizable graphs (like plotly), option to save to computer, option to generate a powerpoint report, maybe in the future link to a database of images, generate a weblink with a selection of graphs for the clients (encrypted, password).

Anyway Iā€™ m excited to see what I can do with anvil

5 Likes

hi guys !!! i begin python hope uyou will learn me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m John. I live and work in Sydney, Australia.

Iā€™m using anvil as a way of speeding up the time to useful UI, and avoiding writing anything but python as often as possible!

Iā€™m hoping to use anvil at work to help bring along other colleagues who are keen but donā€™t have the background and resources to learn a bunch of other web and development technologies to achieve their goals.

I work in the government sector, and looking to use both the web based option where possible but also keen to try the stand-alone Anvil app-server to build tools for systems and data that arenā€™t Internet-friendly.

6 Likes

Hi everyone!

Please let me introduce myself: I am Franz from Lucerne, Switzerland. I am a trained economist with some IT and a lot of model building experience using Quantrix, R and some databases.
If possible, I construct working models as part of everything I do to understand and to later use.

Anvil is a great tool even though I have to get my head around it a bit more.
I use uplink with a cloud database. Clever, clever! And I discovered modules. Nifty!

Thanks for the great work!
Franz

8 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am new to Python and have been waiting a long time for a solution like Anvil. I am old school. Very old school. I started computing by harnessing the power of moving pixels on the screen of the RML 380Z computer, and then advanced to programming basic games on the ZX Spectrum in, erā€¦ BASIC.

In the business world I zigged instead of zagged, and went down the MS Visual Basic route. Doh!

In present times, I want to develop a number of web apps in Anvil. Iā€™m tired and I want to keep things simple. I have a lot of ideas for apps, and Anvil seems to be the platform to best realise them on.

Python is new to me, but as a programmer I know that what I want to achieve is possible. Python is great as there is no need to reinvent the wheel for common tasks and it is similar to the coding languages I have used in the past.

I may need help understanding how Anvil works, so hopefully you can be patient with me. I already have a number of questions, but am doing my best to scour the forums first.

Special thanks to Meredydd, whose ubiquitous YouTube videos and passion for Anvil helped end my search for the ideal framework.

Looking forward to creating some great apps in Anvil!

9 Likes

Hi all,
Iā€™m a newcomer to the anvil.
I have to learn everything at the beginning
My first question is: how can I set a column as a unique key?

2 Likes

:wave: Hi @antabbe , Welcome to the forum, please create a new forum topic asking this question, we will be happy to answer it!

2 Likes

Very fond memories of my Spectrum and my Basic books.

Welcome to nerd heaven!

3 Likes

Hi !

My name is Ilgar

I am from Baku Azerbaijan

I am professional in Accounting, Finance, Audit, FX, Quality and Sales management

Python experience more than 2 year

5 Likes