Interested in building something together to learn Anvil?

New to Anvil. I’ve followed a few of the tutorials but I’m just getting into that tutorial mindset where I am following along and not totally understanding the why behind what is going on. I’d like to try learning by building something very practical.

Is anyone else in the early learning stages and interested in building something together?

I’d like to use the news aggregator app as a starting off point. But we’ll add a few more layers of functionality and build a work order web app.

This is a simple app that will allow tenants to submit work order requests to their landlords. Tenant can take a photo of the issue, upload it to the app, and provide some additional info and submit to the landlord. The landlord has a dashboard where they can see and manage all the tenant work orders. They can prioritize work orders, send emails, generate pdfs, etc.

This is non-commercial. Just an effort to learn in public. I’d like to find another person or two who would like to build this out together. Let me know if you’re interested!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

I hope you get some takers on this, it’s a great idea. Having someone at the same level of Anvil expertise to bounce ideas off of is a great way to learn.

1 Like

Hi Joseph,

Are you still looking for people to this little project you wanna make?
Im trying to learn Anvil and im building a Fitness App, but im stuck and could probably learn a lot working with somebody else :slight_smile:

Yes! I’m still very much in the learning phase with anvil and would be happy to work with another person on a project.

Here is a Talk Python training where they go step-by-step building a fitness tracking app with Anvil:

I found this very helpful and ~wish~ that there were more thorough tutorials like this on the Anvil learning center. In particular, it was instructive to see how he utilized the navigation module.

Please message me directly and we can discuss building something together!

2 Likes

Hi Joseph,

Firstly, thank you very much for the link you send me. I will definitely take a look at it.

i cant seem to figure out how to PM you directly through this website, i went to your profile and could see a button for it.

But i think it would help me tremendously to work with somebody :slight_smile: so im ready