How to create button to link?

Greetings!

I’m working with two high-school classes who are creating Sports Science Apps.

When they build a button with a link and you click on it, it creates a sub link at the bottom or side of the page instead of the button working as a direct link. Can you help?

I’m including the clone link as well as a screen shot of the code.

Thanks for your time!

Billy

Hi @bmiller

Just to let you know, you have actually shared a link to the published app and not a clone.

Without seeing the clone it is a little hard but here are a couple of thoughts:

1. It looks like in your code you are dynamically creating a Link component… why not just use one instead of the button?
  2. You could create the link and set its visibility to False and then change the buttons click handler to run the Links click event? That way you don’t have to create it dynamically but can still use a button and a hidden link
  3. Can you reshare the clone link so the community can help a little?

Whoops! Hope this works. Thanks for the support!

What you were doing previously was creating a new Link component every time you click the Instagram button… this is definitely not the best way to go about it. Option 1 above is definitely the easier approach.

What I have done is replaced the button with a link with an image nested inside it to show the Insta logo. I set the URL of the Link to be the instagram url and everything works.

No code required since when you click a link it will run the url if it has one.

To improve this solution you could have the URL set to your instagram page url rather than the Instagram homepage.

Mornin’ :sun_with_face:

We figured it out with your help — thanks, Rick!

1 Like

Hey again, Rick!

Another student is unable to link to videos made by other students he’s collaborating with. We’ve tried linking to Google Drive and locally saved .MOVs and no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sorry missed this.

There are a million different ways but it all depends on what you are trying to achieve and perhaps more importantly what you are trying to avoid.

Can you give us a bit of an example of what you want and what limitations you have?

Thanks for the reply!

Want to create a link to separate videos hosted on Google Drive and have been unable.

Outlook-y0ioj31w.png

Why not host them on YouTube (they can be unlisted) and use the YouTube component to display them?

1 Like

I think because the student didn’t have a YouTube account. That’s a good idea and I can see about school hosting.

Outlook-y0ioj31w.png