Forum just changed font!

Er…this is really odd. The forum just went from “normal” font to this typewriter style font. The screen just suddenly changed. No refreshing or anything. Just flash changed in front of my very eyes!

Is everyone else seeing this?

1 Like

Same here, it’s a collective experience, not just you.

1 Like

Same here. And just changed back! I think someone may be trying to address my post here:

1 Like

You are all too quick off the mark!

Yes @p.colbert, I was addressing your font query as I agree it was too ambiguous. What do we think of the font that it is now?

googlefonts/atkinson-hyperlegible (github.com)

4 Likes

I couldn’t find any awkward titles with this font. And I scrolled back over 3 weeks, looking for one.

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

On mobile, not as nice as previously (mainly because it seems to take up more room vertically)

Yeah I don’t really like it.

I came back after 4 days and at first glance I can’t really say I like it either.
Not that it matters much I’m sure I will get used to it.

0 with a slash-through is kind of freaky. In-fact all the numbers, 1234567890 don’t seem to go with the rest of the font, they stand out. Maybe that’s by design?

The new font is an adjustment, but I love that there are no ambiguous characters in it.

My main issue with the zero is that the line goes the wrong way. Should be from top right to bottom left.

4 Likes

I agree, that’s annoying now that you’ve pointed it out (thanks so much!)

Apparently there was a design reason for it, to differentiate it from the Swedish O, which has the slash going top right to bottom left. The Development of Atkinson Hyperlegible – Max Kohler

3 Likes

Aaagh! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: I’ve been slashing my zeroes the wrong way (by hand) for 40 years!

Thanks, Jay.

1 Like

You see, to me what they’ve done looks Swedish!

(sorry!)