Form Show Event Not Firing

Hi, I’m having the same problem [form_show event is not firing], but cannot see the reason for it. I cloned the LogOut demo app which works fine and shows the login window when you open the app. (The form_show function is called)

I have been following the tutorial for the to-do and multi-user apps, but my code which looks similar to the demo app is not calling the form_show function in my login form after it has been initialised.

It is possible i’m missing something because i am not an experienced programmer, but i have been going round in circles for a couple of hours now…

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

1 Like

First thing to do is check is in the IDE, select the form and scroll down the properties to the form’s events and make sure the function name in the “show” event is the same as the actual function name as defined in the form. You can do that by clicking the blue arrow button to the right of the text box and it should take you straight to your function (or create a new one if one doesn’t exist) -

6 Likes

This was the problem, thank you so much! I created the open_form functions straight in the code view and not via the design view. It’s a very steep learning curve for me! I will keep an eye out and make sure there are consistent references between the design view and code view.

1 Like