[FIXED] Bug? Dependency on tag/Development no longer works

What I’m trying to do:
Depend on a tagged commit from another app. This was working last week but not anymore.

What I’ve tried and what’s not working:
For reference, I have a clone of anvil_labs where I have added a new module called ClientTestComponent.

Trying to import this component no longer works. My ‘master’ branch is old and does not have the new changes. I have a ‘unittest’ branch and tagged commits in this branch.

What I have seen is that no matter what dependency option I choose, the dependency is based on the ‘master’ branch (in other words the ‘Published’ option).

How do I know this? Well, tried using ‘Development’ or a tagged commit and no dice. As soon as I merged my changes into the ‘master’ branch, I was able to import my new module using any of the dependency options. This tells me it is only reading from the ‘master’ branch.

1 Like

I was coming here to report a similar issue I’ve been experiencing during the past hour. In my case, even updating the master branch of the dependency doesn’t seem to affect the other app depending on it.

1 Like

Thanks to @yahiakalabs and @hugetim for reporting this, sorry for the inconvenience. This should now be fixed - please let us know if not!

3 Likes

Seems to be working now!

1 Like