ExternalError: TypeError: Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined

Has anyone had this error occur before?

Background:
I populate a dict on the server of common items used in my app.
The dict values are search results of app tables.

The data returns from the server with out issue.
The error only occurs when I try to populate a drop down on a form with using one of the keys of the dict.
If I comment out one of the other key/value combinations in the dict creation, the error goes away.

I am wondering if this has something to do with the size of the dict as changing which key/value pair is commented out has no effect on where the error occurs as long as one of them is commented out.

Changing the order in which the dict is constructed also has no effect on where the error occurs.

How do you determine the size of an object? Is there a limit on data returns from the server?

Sorry I cannot currently share the code to the forum otherwise I would have.

Is there a limit on data returns from the server?

Yes, server functions can return up to 4MB. Media objects are streamed, so if you want to return more than 4MB, package it up into a Media object.

I think we’ll need more information if we’re going to track down your problem. Can you share any details that would enable us to reproduce it? What is in these dictionaries?

If you can strip your app down to something simple that has the problem but doesn’t reveal any sensitive data, that would be really helpful.

Clone link sent to your inbox @shaun

This was a bug in Anvil to do with situations involving multiple SearchIterators in the client at once. We’ve fixed it now, has that solved your problem?

(Moving to Bug Reports.)

Yes working perfectly thank you @shaun !!

Out of curiosity, what is the best way to measure the size of an object?

1 Like