Email Feature Bug

What I’m trying to do:

What I’ve tried and what’s not working:
I added the email feature to my app. When I pull up the email page, it is completely blank. I tried it on another app, and the same problem occurred. It occurred once I clicked on “Use Custom Mail Server.” Thanks for looking into this!

You might try removing the Email service and readding it. For me, that clears any settings in it.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, @jshaffstall. I did that, but when I readded the service, the same problem occurred. It allows me to click “Test Mode”, but the issue occurs when I click “Use Custom Mail Server.” Choosing this option is not essential for my app, but it does appear to be a bug. Just thought I should report it. Thanks.

This seems to be an issue with free tier accounts. I can reproduce the problem on a free account, but not on an Individual or Educational account.

Can you confirm that you’re on the free plan, for the Anvil folks? That might give them a better idea where to look.

That’s interesting. I have a Professional account. When the problem occurs, it affects all of my apps. I have to remove the email service, log out, and log back in to reset things. Hopefully, that’s helpful.

Strange! Well, hopefully the Anvil folks can work out what’s going on. If it’s a critical issue for your apps, you might try emailing support.

1 Like

I appear to be having the same issue and not on the free tier. When I enter anything into one of the custom smtp server fields, the whole panel goes blank. If I switch to another page within anvil’s IDE, it’s blank as well. A refresh solves it, but it happens again as soon as I put info in to another field. Currently, as a result, I can’t get Test Settings to pass.

edit: I’m seeing these errors in my JS console when I try to enter my password:

Have you tried accessing it in the “Classic” IDE, sometimes that helps.