Effect of switching pricing plan

Hi

I’m wondering anyone can help me.

I’m currently on the professional plan but my usage requirements for the Anvil platform have changed to the point where I believe I only need the features provided on the personal plan.

I almost made the switch in pricing plans just now, but then realised that there could be some disruption and wanted to make sure I had considered everything before going ahead

My apps currently actively use the following features:

• Server uplink connections to a pythonanywhere server
  • Custom domains and, in some cases, domain redirects from old versions of the apps
  • Data tables with long term stored data

Of course, I could easily find out if anything breaks by just making the switch, but then I realised that it might not necessarily be as easy as just going back up to the professional plan to resume service for my users if that does happen.

It’s a while since I built these apps so it would be quite inconvenient if they were to break during the switch and potentially remain broken even if I reversed it.

So to sum up, if I made the switch, would my apps probably still function? And if they didn’t, would switching straight back up again probably fix what was broken automatically?

Thanks in advance
Richard

You might want to wait for an official answer, but the things you listed are all supported on the personal plan, too. If you wanted to make the switch and see what happened it seems pretty safe.

The total data table storage between the two plans is the same, although the professional plan gives you twice as many rows. I doubt you’re even at the 150,000 limit for the personal plan, though, or you’d probably have enough traffic to warrant upgrading plans instead of downgrading.