Communication App

I’m working on an application for stroke patients that have difficulty with speech production.

The idea is to create something very simple that can be used to communicate basic actions like certain wants/needs or where the patient is experiencing pain.

It’s still in the infant stage, but if you could use it, here it is. I’ll continue development. Let me know your thoughts on improvements I can make.

1 Like

Nice!

Maybe icons for the main menu, such as this for action, this for pain?

Thank you! I went an added icons to the main menu, but I need to work on the look of it. Not sure If I should you the regular buttons or create a new type of button component for the main menu.

1 Like

Update on this app. My step-father had a stroke, which was my main driver for creating the application. It has since been very useful for him! A nurse has even asked to use the application for other patients. It particularly helpful for patients who are tired/medicated and groggy.

Really appreciative of the Anvil Team for making this platform to create and make available within less than a day. It’s helped my step-father and helped me feel like I can do something in a time were you feel useless. #AnvilForGood

The next step is to add audio for buttons that are clicked. (A suggestion by the nurse). This will help in rehab for those trying to piece together words, sound, and images.

2 Likes

Another suggestion (I know it’s much more complicated, so maybe a version 2.0) I have frequently seen for people with low mobility or difficulty with speech is the ability to string concepts together by adding them in a chosen order, to like a favorites button.

With normal emphasis or de-emphasis (negation) syntax thrown in as options.

So for example if someone wanted to tell the nurse they are hungry but have a sensitive stomach they might put together:

Eat + Pain in stomach + dizzy

Nothing is perfect but it would get a nurse asking more questions, and it might reduce frustration.

2 Likes