CleverDict - having your cake and eating it

Not an actual Anvil app, but CleverDict (my first and only published PyPI package!) was created very much with Anvil in mind to avoid writing tedious boiler-plate code to convert between dictionary and object.attribute data structures.

A feature that might be of particular interest to fellow Anvil users is its built-in .save() method which can be used to update an Anvil Data Table automatically every time an attribute or value changes, without having to remember to do so explicitly… Please have a nose through the README if that sounds of interest…

If you have time and are curious please do check it out and let me know if you have any suggestions for improving the README or the code itself? The latest changes were motivated by the recent Anvil Portable Classes announcement and a whole bunch of legacy Classes I wanted to port to Anvil server modules but didn’t want the hassle of manually converting to and from valid return values after every call.

If you’d do me a huge favour and “star” the repository on Github while you’re there that would be a huge boost to morale, thanks! Please do install and let me know what you think?

pip install cleverdict
5 Likes