I changed the meta-data in standard-page.html on top of the file:

<head>
  <meta name="title" content="..
  <meta name="description" content="...
  <meta name="keywords" content="...
</head>

In search still get this:

What is there to change further?

Sorry I pasted the picture wrongly - now it shows?
I made a description in the settings.General.App Description.
Still no change
Any ideas?

1 Like

It will take time for search engines to change their cached version.

1 Like

Hi @Aaron,

Editing standard-page.html doesn’t affect the page’s meta tags. Have you updated your app’s title and description under Settings? I think you’re seeing some text from the app in its absence. Try “View Source” on your Anvil app and take a look at the head HTML to see what your app is producing.

Hi Meredydd,

yes, I´ve updated description:

Here is the head of view source:

Here comes the part I can not get rid of:

Cheers Aaron

~WRD0003.jpg

2 Likes

I can confirm we also see this despite having set the title and description and our app has been listed a long time

This shows up in the apps snippet…

1 Like

Not a solution to the underlying issue, but maybe a workaround meanwhile: you could embed your Anvil app in a static site. I once had it working pretty well with this html, where the Anvil app iframe is actually 100% of the window so that it looks indistinguishable[1] from going directly to the anvil url: empathyspot/in.html at master ¡ hugetim/empathyspot ¡ GitHub

[1] I did run into some issues where browsers would balk at the crossorigin iframe, though, like if when I wanted to show a notification (?), and it’s possible they’ve become even more restrictive since I was using that a few years ago.

Not 100% sure if it will work but Anvil adds an ‘og:description’ meta tag, which is usually used by Social Media crawlers and not Search Engines like Google.

So maybe try adding this to your Native Libraries

<meta name="description" content="App Description here"></meta>
1 Like

Hello!
This issue should now be solved :slight_smile:
As long as your app isn’t broken, its “App Description” should now display as the description in Google search results, but Google does cache descriptions so it may take some time to update.

3 Likes

Hey Rowan, I’m facing the same Issue - I also have an app description etc, what to do? :slight_smile: :face_with_peeking_eye:

It’s unlikely that someone will reply to an old post with an accepted solution.
Please ask a new question with all the required details, and maybe, you can include a link to this and explain why this solution didn’t work for you…