Caching of data to application performance

Hello fellow Code smiths

I am looking into caching my data from the server, in order to improve the speed of my application and make it scale better.

I have tried to store all app_tables.table1.search() return values in a local list and then query retrieve this list when I need the data.

From what I can see the data is still quering the server since I still have a connection back to the database rows. Can someone confirm or deny this.
I have tried to read the documentation for working with rows from searches but have come up empty handed.

My current train of thought is to build a dictionary that matches the row format from the server code and then make a local cache of the data and query this when reading data locally and update the server and local cache when writing to the database. Then the problem becomes synchronizing the two sides when not using rows directly.

I am open to suggestions on a better approach and some guidance about over-engineering the problem perhaps.
Best Regards
JKS

Hello,

Yes, returning the actual row objects from the server can impact performance. Many folks here have discussed returning a list of dictionaries with the desired results back from the server instead.

Please read these posts for suggestions:

2 Likes

@alcampopiano thanks for the quick response and the list of reading :smiley:

1 Like