Building Ball Python Management App

I’m building a app to manage my ball pythons and plan to release it in the near future to users as well as a service offering. Below is what I have so far I’m really liking the anvil platform and it hasn’t been that hard to figure out most things and you have a great forum for questions and answers.

Thanks again for a great platform, can’t wait to build this into more stuff soon.

nerdy_python_v1

2 Likes

Impressive work! (Also, I love the logo.)

Thanks it’s a work in progress but I’ve been learning a lot about anvil the last few days and really enjoy building this. Now I have to figure out how to cover the costs and get users on a monthly subscription

Well I released my demo version of my app to my test users today I still have a bit more CSS to do but I’m liking it. I used the email service to even create a feedback mechanism until I can get waffle or something setup to send these to and track

If you want to try it and have any feedback since this is my first anvil app you can try it at https://nerdypythondemo.anvil.app/ still waiting on DNS updates

Demo User:
User: demo@demo.com
pw: demo

2 Likes

Looking very good.
Top effort!

Thanks it’s been a great app to learn on and I have a lot more plans for it

Just as a update I have about 15 people testing my demo and they are loving it. Now I just have to finish it and I’m loving the anvil platform

1 Like

Just thought I’d update this thread and show the history of the app and Anvil in general. I’ve been impressed with the amount of features released and how the app has progressed from where it was to now. Below you can see the most up to date screenshot of it using the new Material UI theme.

I’ve learned a lot from the community here and tinkering and have now got the submenu’s working in my navigation and such, something my beta users actually asked for.

Feel free to check it out at https://demo.thenerdypython.com user: demo@demo.com, pw: demo

Myself and my business partner have some big plans to build a lot more onto this platform via Anvil and plan to go live on our first set of features at the end of the year.

Our next venture will be using the data uploaded to our system and build a morph database and calculator to help our users get an idea of what types of snakes they can produce right from the app without having to go to some other system.

Thanks for such a easy platform to develop on.

3 Likes

I find new things everyday I love about this system and how to do things from the help of fellow users in the forums. Now I have public snake URL’s working. In my app soon I’ll allow users to make a snake “Public” which will then create a public_hash in the snake record table that is built from the snake’s name and the user’s email so its unique.

I’m using that with the get_url_hash to verify its my special link if so then I lookup the snake hash and send them to the PublicSnake form and reference the snake from looking up the hash. Thanks to @david.wylie for his recommendation on this.

https://demo.thenerdypython.com/#public-snake=204308466432 - Feel free to see for yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like