[Beta] Please don't change text size when the window size changes

The Account - Look & Feel - UI Scale drop down allows to set the font size for the whole IDE.

I love it!
I like to keep it “small” when working on my 40" monitor and “medium” when working on the laptop screen, which has smaller pixels.

The problem is that if I shrink the Chrome window a little, then the “small” font becomes even smaller and difficult to read.

I have already decided what font size I’m comfortable with from the Look & Feel settings. That’s the font size my eyes are most comfortable with.

I don’t like to see the font size shrinking when I shrink the window. Maybe the whole IDE looks better with a responsive font size, but I can’t use it.

As is I am forced to either use a larger font and lose the advantage of having a large window when I work with large window or keep switching font size in the Look & Feel section when I need to work with a smaller window.

2 Likes

Thanks, we’ll definitely be reviewing this once we’ve collected feedback from people on many different devices. One thing that is likely to happen is that the “UI Scale” choice will be per-device, saved in the same way things like the width of the Sidebar and height of the Bottom Panel are.

Great, thank you!

Just to be clear I am not working on multiple browsers, I have one laptop with stupid high resolution and a large external monitor.
When I work without external monitor I need the app to show larger fonts.
When I work with external monitor I usually work with a large window and I like smaller fonts. But sometimes I need to shrink the window to make room for other stuff and I don’t like the font to shrink.

Now that you are bringing up the per-device sidebar width, UI scale, etc… how about a “Save current layout” on the Look & Feel section?

So I can save two layouts, one “With external monitor” and one “Laptop”.

:smiley:

3 Likes

This has been addressed, yay!

3 Likes