[Beta] missing scrollbar on form editor

Today it happened to me 4-5 times that after opening a form editor, the vertical scroll bar was missing.

I maximized and restored the Chrome window, and the scroll bar came back.

I had noticed missing rendering of text at the bottom of text editors, but the scrollbar was there and it was easy to scroll down to see the text.

This seems to be a new behavior.

I work on Windows, with Chrome, with a 4K 40" monitor. This seems to happen only when the window is large.

Is that the same as this one? [Beta] Vertical scrolling sometimes doesn't work in IDE

If so, I do not have a large monitor, but do use Chrome.

Yes, it sounds like it’s the same problem.

I didn’t even check if it had already been reported because I had never seen it before, and today it keeps happening, so I assumed it was something new.

It started happening after a reboot. In the other post you say it happens only on one of two machines. Perhaps I only see this problem now because my machine got some updates that went live after the reboot.

I agree with you: Go figure.

1 Like

I think the only consistency with the issue is that it doesn’t happen for Anvil Central folks when they’re trying to reproduce it.

2 Likes

For me switching to code or split view doesn’t help.
I need to maximize and restore the Chrome window.

I saw this today for the first time.

I refreshed the tab and all was well again, but that is definitely a new thing for me (Chromium).

edit - I do have two monitors, don’t know if that has any bearing on it. It’s a laptop and I use an external monitor as the main screen.

That also worked for me (as did un-maximising and re-maximising as opposed to minimising).

But i also noticed this - the min/max/close icons were missing (only the circle around the close button remained), see the pic below.

If you clicked where the controls should be they still worked, so I recon this might be a chromuim thing rather than an Anvil one, as I assume Anvil cannot alter how the Chromium app itself looks.

Also note that the buttons are still missing after min/maxing, so whilst that action fixed the missing scrollbar in Anvil, it did not fix chromium.

I am on a fully updated Ubuntu 20.4.

This also happens with me. And the solution I have found is to make any kind of change to any value of a component.

Most of the time I just type a random character in the text field of a Label or a Button and this fixes it. But it is so annoying.