[App Server] Add the ability to configure the Users Service E-mails from_address

Similar issue to this. Where does the app-server pull it’s domain from? I can send as any account i want, but i need the domain to be correct. Currently it sends with the from field set to accounts@localhost. I see the code that checks this, but I am not sure where it pulls the domain from on an app server install.

Hi Jayson,

I posted this as an issue on Github back in June.

Anvil consider it a feature request but no movement on it since.

I guess the Standalone Anvil-Server was produced to answer peoples fears of Anvil going TU and developers losing the only platform for their work. However I imagine they don’t really want to put too much effort into it now it’s functional. I completely understand that as a business decision, but…

Personally I would consider it a bug or at least a very poor design choice as it prevents anyone with an email host that enforces user control from using the Anvil-Server.

I don’t know Clojure as a language but it looks as if it would be a 10 minute job to add a line to the config file and a couple of code changes to fix this but I guess it doesn’t affect enough people.

I don’t have the time to research and setup the build environment and clojure otherwise I’d make the changes myself. Also the other helpful suggestion of re-writing the entire Users Service myself didn’t really appeal :slight_smile:

As this prevented me from setting up the standalone Server properly I shelved Anvil for the time being. I’ll take another look when/if this gets fixed.

Good luck.

Thanks. I will remain a paying customer if for nothing other than the front end ide and to support anvil as a company. I reached out for enterprise pricing as well, and I’m happy to pay for support. For the apps we build, the way anvil works just makes sense. So much better than the duplicate efforts of writing separate backend and front end. We love quasar and/or vue with a flask or fastapi backend, but anvil is simpler and faster.

I’ve split this thread to add it to the feature requests board.

Link to the original Github request.

Just hit this problem too with one of my clients.

Fix for this coming in next release!

1 Like