Anvil User's Group

Calling all Anvilistas! (Anvil Smiths? Anvillians? Or… Anvillains? )

I’ve been using Anvil since 2019, diving deep in 2020 as COVID happened and shifted all sorts of work online. Since then, the community here on the forums has been instrumental in helping me navigate what’s possible, both in seeing people’s incredible work products and in the breadth of questions and answers on the forums. I’m ceaselessly impressed by the knowledge of people on here, and their generosity in sharing that knowledge!

I thought it would be wonderful to share projects, techniques, tools, the latest magic from the Anvil Extras team, and general enthusiasm, so please join us for the inaugural monthly Anvil User’s Group, next week, March 2nd at 4pm UK time, 8am Pacific time, 10am Central time, 5pm Central European Standard Time, and regrettably outside of the core business day for much of the rest of the world. (I’m genuinely sorry about this, but Anvil is a global community and there was just no satisfying all!)

If you are interested, in the User’s Group or the event, please sign up here:

We’ll keep the meeting to 60-75 minutes. Have something awesome to share? We’d love you to present something you’ve been working on, a technique you find yourself using, or anything else Anvil related! Please message me directly if you have something you’d like to share!

Thank you and see you soon!

10 Likes

This looks great - we’ll be there!

And if there’s room for us, I’m sure we could find something fun to present :wink:

3 Likes

Hey, this is actually a day/time I can make it! Every other Thursday is free for me, and this hit the empty spot in my calendar.

1 Like

I would love to be there, but I’m taking my father out for his 80th birthday then :frowning:

Sounds like fun!

I don’t have anything to share this time around (my ok looking projects are private, and the ones that aren’t look awful), but I may have for a future one.

1 Like

Looks the same here.

I’ll try to join, but I’ll be on a phone in a Liverpool car park, so who knows?!

Awesome, looking forward to meeting many of you on Thursday!

We still have room for one more share! Have something you want to talk about? Send me a message!

@nickantonaccio We definitely want to do this again. Sorry this time doesn’t work for you (and have fun with your dad) but there will be more!

Good idea. I will zoom in!

Almost time!
:timer_clock:

Body is too short (minimum is 20 characters)

Thank you for organizing this.

I was quiet only because I had too much to say and ask.

I did not understand what this is for:

2 Likes

Sorry I was late, what did I miss?

That was great. I didn’t say much because, well, I’m rather difficult to stop once I get verbal momentum :slight_smile:

Thanks to @danbolinson for organising it, and I hope these become a regular thing.

I have to say @owen.campbell, that was a rather posh car park!

2 Likes

I’d like to join all the voices thanking @danbolinson – that was a great first meeting (even if I did stumble a bunch in my section). It was great seeing so many faces for the first time. Looking forward to the next one!

It was a demonstration that Dan should have built his own Anvil app for the live polls :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you all for attending, I hope everyone found it useful!

We’ll definitely look to do another one of these, aiming for early April. I’ll also provide more than a weeks notice next time :slight_smile:, especially for those who might be interested in sharing!

2 Likes

There’s a slight chance I may have been in Liverpool yesterday (seeing sir Ian McKellen in panto, if you can believe that) and had the date wrong in my diary!

1 Like

Hey @owen.campbell what was that info about documentation you posted to the chat? I lost it when the zoom call ended. tia

1 Like