Anvil Server Locations (for locating server resources)

I’m creating an app and for the most part, it is quite fast. The app interacts with database and object storage resources in Singapore (my users will be in Asia). I’ve noticed that Anvil is slow for some of these calls.

I can set up a CDN for object storage and an additional node in an alternate location for the database, but I would like to place them in physical proximity to the Anvil servers. Preferably at least in the same country, and if in the US, on the same coast.

If y’all use distributed resources no problem, I’ll get as close as possible to all of them. Just calling database queries from the other side of the world is obviously slower than it needs to be.

Anvil’s infrastructure currently lives in London (AWS eu-west-2), so anywhere in Western Europe (or even the eastern US) should be pretty close in network terms).

2 Likes

Great thanks! That probably explains why the website is so fast here in Mongolia. For odd reasons of geography and fiber optic networks we generally get a 100-150ms connection to West/Northern Europe.

1 Like

For anyone building for US customers, I can confirm AWS us-east-1 works just fine with Anvil’s eu-west-2 infrastructure. We haven’t had any latency issues.

1 Like