anvil.server.ExecutionTerminatedError in 3.10 environment

Hi Anvil Community,

Every time in run a particular routine called on my server-side code only when running it a particular file. I get this error but with a different code each time:
anvil.server.ExecutionTerminatedError: Server code exited unexpectedly: 9e664bbea9
anvil.server.ExecutionTerminatedError: Server code exited unexpectedly: 82a5d7ac90

I’m running in 3.10 environment now. I didn’t get this error when running in the 3.7 environment. I need the 3.10 environment to run the features I need from Shapely.

Has anyone seen this before in the 3.10 environment? Is there a way to get more insightful error messages for this? Thanks for your help!

I’m also getting these errors - a few of them (dc056c0950, ba45b022b7, 2c45e0b481, 77bce6d06a) I’m running tasks as background tasks, so they shouldn’t be timing out and the return values are not large enough to cause memory problems. Is this a new bug?

1 Like

Glad to know I’m not the only one. I was able to isolate the section of code that was throwing the errors and refactor it, but I still don’t exactly understand what was making it so unhappy.

It’s a new bug to me, but not sure if it is new to the community. I think without more detailed error messages for these types of errors it’s hard to tell if this is a new bug or just an undocumented one.

Is there a way to get more detailed error messages?

I think of those sorts of errors as runtime errors in the Anvil guts. It generally takes someone from Anvil to look at their logs and see what their logs said about the problem to give more information. On our end, doing what you did, isolating the code causing the issue and working around it is about all we can do.

1 Like

Thanks! I kinda suspected that might be the case, thanks for confirming!