** 6 month remote contract with the opportunity to extend 6 more months **
** Pay rate is 60-100/hr **
** You would have a manager in Houston, thus would need to work 9am-5pm CST **
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Collect and implement user requirements
- Analyze existing back-ends written in Java and SQL
- Implement functionality to Python by calling services written in Python and SqlAlchemy
- Write unit and integration tests
- Generate GUIs in Python using an existing the Anvil full stack framework
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Fullstack Python development experience
- 2+ years of Object Oriented Programming experience
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- Ability to read and understand Java and SQL
- Academic training in Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, networking, computer systems, etc.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply, please visit here: Python Contractor - Careers