Anvil Builder is unstable

It has become very difficult to work on Anvil builder since 2 days. I keep experiencing problems. At times, it just randomly says that you have edited this work in another session and it will now reset to the latest version (Not sure if I got the message exactly right). Then I am also suffering from a very slow response from the autocomplete. Also, yesterday my project just wasn’t saving. I had to restore a previous version and then it started working again.

These problems might have something to do with my app being too large(Around 50 Forms). But the problems I mentioned above did not happen before so something is definitely wrong with Anvil as well.

Kindy fix it quickly so I can start working on my app again.

The problem went from bad to worse now. Whenever I do anything, it says that app is too big. I can’t even delete my forms since nothing ever saves. Internet connectivity is all fine. Please suggest a fix for it.

A workaround for deleting forms: you should be able to do that using git.

Level 6 here goes through setting up git for the first time, in case that’s helpful: (Unofficial) Anvil Version Control for Dummies

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi @divyeshlakhotia,

We’ve now fixed a problem we were seeing last week which was causing too many conflict issues, but otherwise it looks like what it says on the tin - your app is too big! If you’re using lots of assets or uploaded files, try moving them into Data Tables and serving them from there. If you can’t delete a large asset from the editor, try using git as suggested by @hugetim.

1 Like

I suppose that’s the only way now. Since I cannot delete any asset, html, form or anything. I don’t really need my assets anymore cause I have replaced them with direct links for faster loading.

Instead of git, I downloaded the yaml file of my app and deleted all assets from it. There was just so much junk in it that I managed to get my yaml file from 34 MB to 3.4 MB.

Now it runs smooth as a butter.

4 Likes