Announcing the New Anvil Editor (Beta)

There are no words… only emojis… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :kissing_heart: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :crazy_face: :partying_face:

In other news I actually think you may have broken me - this is too much goodness all at once.

3 Likes

This is a massive improvement!! Congrats to the whole team!

I am excited to see the future updates as well. Keep up the great work! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m in complete awe! It’s massive and beautiful! Anvil keeps growing more and more! Congrats to all!

1 Like

I’ve been using the new Anvil Editor for a little while now, and it’s completely transformed my Anvil (and Github!) workflow. It’s a massive step forward in every way, and I’m super excited to see it released into public beta!

Huge congrats to the entire Anvil team. You’ve really outdone yourselves this time.

3 Likes

My god. This is the best news I’ve gotten this year. Fantastic!

2 Likes

Wow!! Anvil just keeps getting better and better. This is fantastic! Huge congrats.

1 Like

I love it! Well done!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: [Beta] Table links in Dark Mode

A post was merged into an existing topic: Move Beta Q&A to its own Forum Category

An absolutely MASSIVE achievement, well done to the whole team! Anvil continues to blow us away.

1 Like

Amazing work Anvil team! Like any great update, personal response very quickly went from ‘oh this looks neat’ :arrow_right: ‘so much to learn / wow how did we live without this!’.

Particularly excited by the introduction of the environments to separate the dev, staging, prod and how that ties in with databases, which I think is excellent. Plus saw the server REPL and keen to see where that may lead…

Hats off!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: [Beta] Resizable Code Snippets

Can I come here as a late commenter to say THANK YOU for the new editor?
After getting a little used to use it, I find it AWESOME!!
It’s really powerful and the environments, together with the branching and multiple databases feature, really give a great BOOST to the whole development platform.
A really really big thank you from here guys, an OUTSTANDING work.

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: [Beta] Line Spacing

A post was split to a new topic: [Beta] Remember cursor position

Today I dealt with merge conflicts in three different occasions.

I didn’t expect it, it happened, I resolved the conflicts, everything was very smooth and intuitive.

Kudos to the new interface: didn’t even need to read the documentation, just follow the instructions.

:partying_face:

4 Likes

Really happy that the anvil folks are upgrading things. Makes me feel more confident about spending the time to learn how to use it. For someone that’s just started off with programming I can say this platform makes things a loooooot easier. Will be a paying customer soon; once I’ve built part of the idea I’m working on. Thanks folks.

5 Likes

Huge fan of the new editor btw. It’s a smoother UX from a workflow/visibility standpoint.

For example, the tabbed views and the new console when running a preview are *chef kiss*

6 Likes