AI credits show full quote in Professional plan

I have a Professional plan, grandfathered in from way back. The AI credits are now showing in the Quotas section, but it’s showing I’ve used 100% of the credits despite not having used AI through the IDE at all yet.

1 Like

Similar, but just a small amount of usage, weeks ago.

This is a “division by zero” problem. You’re both on the legacy Professional plan, which doesn’t include any AI credits, so your usage is 0/0. You could make a case for either way of displaying this, but we made it appear “full” (no available quota) rather than “empty” (no usage).

If you’re on a plan that doesn’t have AI usage included, or you’re on a Free plan and you’ve used up your initial credit, you can either upgrade your plan or connect Anvil to an external account (ChatGPT/Codex or Claude). If you’re feeling really stingy, ChatGPT has a free tier that will let you do a bit of building a month, so I’d start there, but for any serious building you’ll probably need to spend a little money.

Reading through the current pricing plans, is there anything in the Business plan that isn’t also in the old Professional plan? The cost is lower, and includes AI credits, so it seems like a no-brainer to switch over, unless there’s something not supported in the Business plan.

I did an informal comparison between Business and my current Account dashboard.

The Professional plan price is indeed lower, roughly 55% of the Business plan. So are the quotas: emails 10k/month, 300k database rows, 10GB database storage.

The Business plan, however, has AI credits, and higher quotas as listed.

Edit: Also, in the Business plan, the debugger works on server-side code, not just client-side.

I don’t need those higher quotas, yet, but it’s good to know that they’re available.

I’ve connected to an external account, as @meredydd noted, out of novice caution. In my learning stages, if an experiment of mine would run up a big service bill, I’d rather that the experiment fail than actually run up the bill.

Folks have certainly been bitten by this with other services like Amazon. So, for now, I wanted to use a service that declared explicitly that it was going to behave in this (pocketbook-safe) way.


FYI, I accidentally clicked on a line item in a dashboard’s Compute Usage chart, and discovered that it opens that App in the IDE, in a new browser tab, with that App’s CPU Usage History showing! (Obviously does not work for deleted Apps.) A very nice touch!