Ability to move the components around

It would be great if we could have the ability to reorder the components on a form by using the Properties panel Form dropdown to rearrange the order.

I find that when moving components around inside the Column Panel, it’s very sensitive to mouse movements and sometimes it is difficult to get the exact anchor points to correctly move the components.

Thanks
SS

3 Likes

Do you mean moving them within the tree?

Yes, within the tree in the drop down.

1 Like

Embarcadero’s RAD Studio has had that for a good ten years (or longer). I don’t use this feature much, anymore, but when it’s needed, boy is it needed!

1 Like

Agreed, not my first choice for moving around components but sometimes it’s hard to get the mouse pointer to catch the right edge for placing moved components and being able to reorder it’s position in the tree helps, especially when you are moving components into different containers.

For this to work, I think it needs to be more than a drop-down list. It needs to stay open while you’re moving things around, i.e., be a persistent panel in its own right.

Given all these mutually-exclusive uses of the space at the right of the WYSIWYG area, it is probably time to make that space a tabbed pane. The component outline would be one of those panes.

2 Likes

Totally agree, at the moment, it takes time to move components in and out the Column Panel

1 Like