Ability to Drag Buttons over Data Grid in new IDE

Hello,

A nice feature of data grids is that you are able to drag features (ie. Buttons) onto the RowTemplate for a column, causing there to be a button for each row in the Data Grid.

Example:

As it currently stands, I have to go back to the old IDE in order click on the Row Template and then I can see the Data Grid and drag a button over the column(s) of choice.

In the new IDE, when you click on the Design for RowTemplate, the Data Grid does not show up, making it impossible. It looks like this in the Design pane:

And then you end up with something ugly like this:

It is not a big issue, but has caused some issues for me when working on a branch other than master in the new IDE (Because going to the old IDE switches you to master branch typically)

Can this be updated so that the new IDE has the same capabilities?

Thank you!

If you double-click on the data grid’s repeating panel (in the enclosing form), it opens the repeating row template in a form that’s easy to work with. You don’t want to open the repeating panel row template directly.

4 Likes

Actually, I do! In the Beta Editor, of course, where both can be open at once, in different tabs. This lets me easily switch to/from the row template’s code view and back, without losing my place in the code view.

Great to know. Thank you so much!