A Little Game For Ya

Here’s a little time waster for you :slight_smile:

You get one click of the mouse which puts a circular “sponge” on the playing field.
When a ball hits a sponge you get a point and the ball is replaced by a new sponge.
The sponges disappear after a short while.
When the last sponge has disappeared, the round is over.
If you match or exceed the target it increases by 5 for the next round, else you can repeat the failed round again.
There are always 5 more balls than the target on the screen.

No optimisation yet (things slow down randomly!), but I needed to get past writers block!

https://XEWJUWY3TUDFINXR.anvilapp.net/I3JQZPX5CUUB4VNEN3IT4IBC

(edit) - this is based on a JS game I saw somewhere, though I can’t remember where. I’ll credit them when I can remember!

3 Likes

And here’s the code.
A masterclass in coding/game design it is most certainly not!

https://anvil.works/ide#clone:XEWJUWY3TUDFINXR=EBWDRP67WQYH4F6D66UERGXR

This was a writer’s block creation whilst trying to decide on how best to crunch some serious telecoms data (took about 2 hours)

2 Likes

Oh, dearie me. Are you trying to ensure that none of your feature requests get implemented because we’re too busy clicking brightly coloured dots? :wink:

(I find it transforms from challenging to soothing after the first couple of hundred…it would probably be harder if the ball velocities could start off negative - right now they’re always moving down and to the right…)

1 Like

A couple hundred?
Soothing?
Go back to work Meredydd!

Updated :slight_smile:

It’s nearly impossible now!

Maybe I am a person who needs immediate gratification - but I liked the easier earlier version!!:grin:
Somehow I seem to stop playing after 4 games in the newer, more difficult version. In the older version I could go on, and on, and on, …:muscle:
Thank you for sharing - it has been a great distraction.

I agree - reverted back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice- it is more fun than one would expect for such a simple interface.

1 Like

Wait you did it in canvas?

At first I thought you meant it was all JS- this is just canvas. Impressive way to use it for a pretty dynamic application.

Yeah, all canvas & python :slight_smile:
The original game was in JS (still cannot remember where I saw it).