A community site for Bozeman, MT to help small biz during this tough time

I was able to create very quickly a directory site for our local community here in Bozeman Montana for the small businesspeople who are really struggling with mandatory closures and personal distrancing requirements. Many of them have changed to delivery and/or pickup but they are finding a hard way to get the word out. I thought this was a perfect application to fire up https://bozemanstrong.org.

For now I just wanted to get it out there as fast as possible but will continue to refine features like integration with Twilio to SMS me on requests to add maybe add click on approval there as well and more. What a cool way to try out Anvil more than tutorials. Keep up the good work!

6 Likes

Very nice- clean layout and effective.

How do you manage the url?
I was expecting to see the usual single page app, instead I see a few html urls.

I just created a whole framework site using bootstrap and then I embedded the apps in the pages thought it was a little more friendly that way my users are not really technical folks so was trying to make this as familiar and easy as possible.

Good job, it does look familiar (for them, not for me).

I like it, but it’s too involved for me. I have never setup a secure server and I hope I never will, as long as Anvil takes care of it. I use the hash routing to get my apps to use the history buttons and manage familiar-ish urls.

Nice.

Though I did misread the url at first as “boozeman”, but I think that says more about me than anything else…

1 Like

Social distancing is going well then, David? :wink:

More seriously, @pevanlierop, this is good stuff, and I hope it proves useful!

1 Like