2 small bugs with app saving

Hey!

I have been getting this bug where all my widgets just disappear when checking the live app.

I have fixed it previously by going into the saved history and trying to find an old version of the app that has all the widgets populating on the app; however this time I can’t import the facebook service. The facebook service is also not in the “add new services” plus sign button where a popup comes out.

So basically my first problem is that I get
ImportError: No module named anvil.facebook
In a previously saved version of my app.
( I also can’t add the facebook service because it is not shown as an option in the popup )

The other problem is that my widgets don’t generate on apps if I am working on them for too long.
I don’t know exactly what causes it, but I think it may be because I am generating/publishing it mid save.

The ImportError is probably because you don’t have the Facebook service added, but you’ve got the Sign in with Facebook box checked in the Users service (just as in this thread). But of course you can’t add the Facebook service, seemingly because of a bug! If you didn’t want to use the Sign in with Facebook, you might be able to work around it by unchecking that box.

Clearly you’re also having issues with the saved version of your app not agreeing with the version you’re seeing in the Editor. Just to check the obvious thing: did you hit ‘publish’ in the save history? If you did, your published verison will differ from your development version.

These issues are both tricky to reproduce! If you’re happy to share a clone link to your app I might be able to see the problem for myself in the cloned version.

It would also be helpful if we could see the contents of your brower’s developer tools network tab while the suspected bad saves are happening. There might be HTTP requests made by the editor that are timing out.

(Moving to Bug Reports.)

1 Like