Outage notifications

Yesterday 11/14 in California afternoon there was a general outage of Anvil. This was sometime around around midnight in London. When I went to check the forums and perhaps report the problem, the anvil.works site would not load either.

Sunday at midnight would be a normal time for a scheduled outage. I understand the need for occasional outages. However, having them occur without notice in the middle of our day make Anvil more scary to depend on. My questions:

1. Is there a way to be notified in advance of planned outages? This is useful even for short ones.
  2. Is there a log of historical outages that one can check problems against after the fact?

Thanks for any insights.

6 Likes

just beat me to the punch! I was just about to ask if there are any kind of alert notifications.

I also understand and can appreciate outages; lord knows I’ve had my own share of outages…
Understanding the nature of the outages would actually help in understanding where systems need to be a touch more resilient. Not that our systems aren’t five 9’s resilient, of course…

2 Likes

Hey did anything come of this? How can I check if any Anvil service or portion of a service might be experiencing outages? this is valuable information when clients complain WebApps built for them are experiencing errors! thanks and apologies if this info exists somewhere

2 Likes

Hi CyCY, I was having issues with interruptions the other day so I built a little series of tests to check performance. It’s not ideal, but it does give me a way to check if things are working, and users can also check it on the login screen.

More here

All the best
Andrew

Some other suggestions: