Gated Check-In Functionality

Anvil currently doesn’t natively support any testing integrations with their online IDE, but if it ever does happen I want gated check-ins.

I want something sitting at the gate of my production code and making sure things don’t regress when I, or someone on my team, submits changes.

That I have some kind of assurance of quality.

Like github-actions, or tox, etc?

How do you think you would want it to handle non-code breaking UI that is actually broken from the users point of view?

Maybe an account toggle or group of settings so that if your code can’t compile, and / or doesn’t pass your test suite, then the publish button will not work in the IDE? (Or just reject publishing with an error?)

Just some thoughts.

Edit:

In a similar idea, has anyone using TDD used or tried to use github-actions and/or tox (or something similar) connected to their anvil-repo for any of the anvil projects they work on? I would guess it would be possible to even have github email you if your code fails tests after it gets auto-updated by the anvil IDE. (I wonder if you would get spammed by these messages just by working on your app :man_shrugging: )

I use this regularly - anvil-extras is a good example.

5 Likes