Embedding 3rd party data grids/forms

As a relatively new user, I liked Anvil so much. Its possibilities are almost endless, especially being Python based and can be self-hosted.
Unfortunately, having more data-centric CRUD tools experience, I find the data capabilities quite limited or maybe unpractical.
Can anybody suggest a 3rd party solution that I can easily embed in Anvil forms, js, php etc.?
If that is possible, how can I make my app secure? i.e. passing the current user to the 3rd party controls.

I can continue explaining my needs, but if the idea doesn’t make sense, I don’t want to waste time -of mine and yours :grin:

If you mean embedding fancy Javascript UI controls, that’s very doable. Here’s an example of embedding the Tabulator library: Tabulator - with anvil components

The Anvil/Javascript bridge makes it easy to use the Javascript libraries entirely from Python. You can use Python functions as Javascript callbacks, for example. There’s a lot there, do a search through the Anvil docs on Javascript.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, that was good news :smiley:
I’m open to other suggestions as well, so I’m leaving this thread unsolved for now.