Different forms for mobile and Desktop view

I think it will be really great if Anvil allowed us to have different forms for desktop and mobile view so you can show your app differently for mobile users.

It’s not only about the designing which gets messed up on mobile. You also want to do some things differently for devices having touch. Like for example, I’ll want users to simply swipe with their fingers to display the rest of contents while pc users will be asked to click an arrow button to do the task. That’s just one of the many examples.

If Anvil adds this feature, it will be really awesome.

Basically, anvil can add a tab similar to Design/Code which will show Desktop/Mobile instead. And you can do different designings and coding for both these views.

3 Likes

@divyeshlakhotia I agree.
I design websites and apps on a lot of different builders and they all have these features.

1 Like

I wish Weebly would let me define more than one layout per page.

1 Like

As a workaround, I think you could use a switch like this to load a different Form for mobile: Check client platform: Desktop or Mobile - #5

1 Like

Thanks! That was pretty great. You can do something like this then.
https://anvil.works/build#clone:Z6GM6FAKPYPXI7VZ=V4J54LZ3A47LTYJHRSUSXBBQ

Maybe a proper way for this on Anvil will be great but this workaround works pretty good. The only problem here is that designing part still remains difficult unless you keep a mobile device with you and check the formatting of your website on it every time you make a change.

If you open the developer tools in your browser, you’ll find buttons to switch between mobile and desktop layout

1 Like

Yeah I’m aware. But you won’t be able to design properly with the inspect tab open.

I just realised it today that the new editor allows adjusting adjusting of window upon running in split view. So we get something like the inspect tab @owen.campbell talked about

1 Like