Capturing Form component attributes into a data structure

Good question.

I’m not yet sure if it’s possible, but since instantiated Forms (e.g. MyForm(…)) are instantiated Python, I was imagining using Python’s marshal, json or pickle Module (or something else) to serialize it to a Simple Object column.

First, though, I need to architect how to apply the same Form differently for content creators versus survey takers in an elegant way (… besides adding additional components and hiding / unhiding them depending on the role the Form is being used in: ie, content creator versus survey taker).

Ideally it would be:

1. Content creator adds content to a Form (with additional components visible to a content creator but invisible to the survey taker). Maybe Data Bindings can eliminate the need for said additional components.
  2. Pickle the completed Form to a Data Table as is.
  3. Retrieve that Form from the Data Table, Unpickle it and, render it with components specific to survey taking view visible (and components specific to creator creation view invisible). And again, maybe Data Bindings can eliminate the need for said additional components.

95%, and preferably 100%, of the components would be the same for each “view”. Because I really want a WYSIWYG approach, and maybe Data Bindings can help this goal.

I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

PS: Picking the entire SubForm might be a bit much to ask (and may fail because it’s a larger and more complex data-structure), but if Data Bindings can capture Form component attribute values, then perhaps I can serialize those via Data Bindings capture. I’ll begin to read on Data Bindings shortly. I have to get my AM coffee first. LoL Thank you all in advance!