Book/course recommendations?

I know this topic has been solved, but probably you like to get more content so here is my 5 cents

As far as I can see there are 2 different path you are searching (or searched) for.

1. get deeper knowledge in Python
  2. get deeper knowledge in programming practice

When I hired any new people, the first thing was always to introducing design patterns, let he/she read some of the books on that area. It gives you the “why” you need to learn aspects of programming.
Those who just learn with coding (we all do that part too) are mostly missing the how to write it well part. Design patterns show a way to understand what more are there for a programmer to learn, other than the language itself.

The other - usually missed by devs - recommendation is to learn other languages! Yes, it is one of the best way to learn new way of doing something in your favourite language as well. Just like in speaking languages, as more you know the more you understand why are you saying it the way you do… There are always some part which is similar and some which is completely different, both helps to better understand each languages.

I can strongly recommend to sing up for PacktPublishing which has tons of great books and videos to learn. You can buy them per book (ebook, pdf or printed version) or you can also subscribe and get access to all… I like printed and ebooks on my comp, so I use to buy them when they have some sales (I bought almost all of my book for 10 eur / each or less)

For topic #1, python:

topic #2
Mastering Python Design Patterns - Second Edition

Serverless Design Patterns and Best Practices

Software Architecture with Python

Software Architect’s Handbook

4 Likes