Best practices: merging branches that use different databases

I already asked what the schema is for and you tried to answer. Maybe you did answer, but I still don’t understand.

In this very app, I see the schema mismatch warning on the production database, I resolve the problem, and the warning appears on the development database. I resolve that problem, and it goes back to the production one. Rinse repeat. I sent the video of this back and forth to the support and they said something like “it’s working as designed, but it’s bad design so we will fix it soon.”

The bottom line is that I still don’t understand what the schema is for, I have that mismatch warning on most of my apps and they don’t care. As far as I understand that schema is still useless. If it was useful, my apps wouldn’t work.

My changes are destructive. My changes are not destructive, they were at a certain point, but at the last check I have some new tables, some new columns and some columns deleted. I can add the new columns, I can share the new tables with the development database and I can leave the columns that will be deleted for now and delete them later.

Mmmmh… I think I will do these changes to the production database before trying the merge. But I will do the changes by hand, I will not use that tool. I don’t understand it and don’t trust it. I only understand that it doesn’t work.