[App-server] Cannot login to my self-hosted website

What I’m trying to do:
Hey everyone. I’m trying to deploy my anvil-app on a locally hosted environment which is working fine in cloud. I have followed this official guide to install the app-server and get my app running locally and the app is being executed. But what is not working is succesfully logging in with the provided login-interface. I think it has something to do with the database not being connected with the app itself.

What I’ve tried and what’s not working:
I’ve checked permissions to the database, “chowned” the app and db to the user thats hosting the app, installed the psql-anvil-app-server utility but had no success. Firewall is also turned off for testing purposes. From my understanding the DB should get cloned including the content of the web-based db, not only the structure so my credentials should be accepted.
Is there anything I could have missed or something that I did not understand correctly?

Have you heard of Amoni

Even if you do not use it, many of the docs @owen.campbell has wrote are still very relevant to a complete diy install.

1 Like

That’s not quite correct. The content of your db is not cloned. You’ll need to create a user record in your local db before you’re able to log in.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply! Just verifying: only the structure of the database gets cloned?

yes, that’s correct.