Anvil Google API error accessing files

What I’m trying to do:
Connect to my google files with the Anvil Google API Service

What I’ve tried and what’s not working:
I have connected to it in the past and used it with several apps, but recently I am unable to connect to make google account. When I click the “Add App File” Button it gives me an a red button that says “Error Accessing Files. Click to Renew Permissions” I click that re login to my google account and it gives me the “Add App File” Button again. Click that and I get the error and it just go round and round.

I’ve accepted all the prompts on the google end to confirm that I am the one trying to access it. I’m just not really sure what it could be, I’ve never had any issues in the past with the Google API, just recently I can’t get connected.

Code Sample:

# this is a formatted code snippet.
# paste your code between ``` 

Clone link:
share a copy of your app

2 Likes

I am having this too. Luckily it doesn’t seem to be effeting my app but it is weird and worrying.

It looks like this issue was raised again so I’m linking it here: Drive connection error accessing files

Unfortunately, I can’t trigger this error, so it’s hard to investigate. Can someone who is still experiencing it take a screen recording with the JavaScript console open and reply to this thread? (or email support@anvil.works since I’m not sure you can upload videos to the forum) Perhaps @michaellavers?

Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

Just a friendly reminder: in debugging, context is everything.

I suggest you start a new Q&A topic, suitably titled. You’ll find that gives you a great starting template. Filling in that template will help you get the answers you’re looking for, by providing this Forum’s volunteers with the information (context) needed to make sense of your screen shot.

Without that context, we’d have to be mind-readers. And frankly, I’m absolutely terrible at it.

1 Like