Accelerated Tables for Everyone DELAYED to late April/early May

Early on, we put quite a few housekeeping columns in our Users table. Probably, a lot of apps did, in order to avoid having a “mirror” table, with all those columns, and the (potential) complications of keeping the two tables in sync. (Those complications seem small to me now!)

So it will be useful to know exactly which columns will (and will not) be accessible from the result of anvil.users.get_user(), in the case where Accelerated Tables is turned on, and which of these will be read-only. Edit: client-side. I wouldn’t expect any restrictions server-side.

App security argues for an absolutely minimal set, with everything read only. Backwards-compatibility argues for returning the entire row, and everything writable. The actual picture is probably somewhere in between. I checked the Accelerated Tables and get_user() documentation, and as of this writing, found nothing on this subject, so I’m asking here.

I can spend a bunch of hours building and testing to find out, but if there’s a quick answer handy, that can be avoided.

1 Like