A proper editor supporting all text formats

For the writing community that I’m developing, I’ll like my users to be able to format different text as bold or italic, add images between text and maybe hyperlinks as well. Then it could be stored in a data table so that when a reader reads that work, it will be displayed to him in the exact format.

Basically I’m talking about something exactly like this forum where I’ve typed all of this :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hello there!

Please have a look on the forum for rich text editor. This has been covered before in various posts from what I remember.

Hi @divyeshlakhotia,

I’m afraid this question isn’t very clear! @campopianoa has taken a good guess at what you’re asking for, but this forum is populated mostly by fellow volunteers in this community, and if you post questions that are difficult to understand or that don’t include crucial details, that is inconsiderate of their time and attention.

We have some handy guides to how to ask a good question, which will help you be respectful of other community members.

Also, please follow the template for Q&A posts (“What I’m trying to do”/“What I’ve tried”/etc). By following this template, you make it easier for others to help you.

1 Like

Forgive me for not providing a proper explanation. Luckily, I have figured out the solution now.

After embedding the quill editor inside my custom HTML, I could not figure out how to actually save that data in my data table. Now I have figured it out.

Thanks

1 Like

I’m looking to do the same. Could you share how you got Quill’s output (and was it a Delta or a rendered output?) into your data table?

Thanks!
Ken

Of course. Although you might have to wait for a few hours if that is okay with you.

Sorry for the late reply. Here is the clone link

https://anvil.works/build#clone:BVBRIJUSZUDCX3CR=IZI27OV4PJMXSQJFESGYGO75

Btw I myself know very little about Javascript and Html so if you are looking for someone to explain things properly, I may not be the right person. I just managed to get this to work somehow lol :grin:

Thank you!

Cheers,
Ken

You’re welcome :slightly_smiling_face: