Are you new here?
Anvil is a tool for building full-stack web apps with nothing but Python and a drag-and-drop designer. Learn more on our website, or sign up and try it yourself -- it's free!
Anvil aims to make web development simpler and more efficient without compromising on power.
It achieves this by:
- Allowing all code to be written in one language. All code is written in Python, including code running in the web browser.
- Allowing the UI to be composed with a visual editor. The quickest way to construct something visual, is by doing it visually. But you can also control your UI design using Python code, allowing precision and conditional logic.
- Eliminating the overhead of translating data across interfaces. Client code can run code on the server with a simple function call - no need to serialise data as JSON and construct HTTP endpoints.
Server-side code can be run in two ways.
- There is a hosted (serverless) Python environment called Server Modules. This is a full Python instance that we manage for you - all you need to do is write functions and call them from client code. We install any Python package in this environment at your request.
- Your app can be connected to Python running anywhere, using a connector we call the Uplink. Connecting is just three lines of code. Then your client code can call Python functions on your laptop, an AWS EC2, a Rasberry Pi… Anything that has an internet connection can be controlled from your Anvil app, just by making function calls.