Unable to kill background task

Hello,

It seems like there is some sort of bug preventing me to kill a background task on algoworldexplorer.anvil.app.

Any chance I can get response from dev team to help with resolving this issue?

Best regards

Here is a screen with task id in case it will be helpful.

It has been running for more than 24 hours now ! Clicking kill button makes it disappear for a second and then re appear again as active

The task is still there and I am unable to kill it. 4 days in a row. Any help appreciated!

I don’t use background tasks, so take this with a grain of salt, but if it disappears for a moment when you kill it, maybe you’ve got code that’s starting it up again right away? I don’t know how task ids are assigned, or if the same function being run again in the background would get the same task id.

Thanks for reply. I am pretty sure there is nothing in that task that would re trigger itself again, even if it would the tables that it was interacting with don’t exist so I would at least expect it to fail. And there is nothing in the codebase that currently uses or invokes that background task anymore. So there is not much I can do from my side.

I had a similar issue a few months back which ended up being a bug. I would guess that Anvil will get in touch and get it sorted out. Failing that you can always send an email to Anvil Support.

I already got a reply saying that the issue is fixed, but after checking today it seems like it is still there. Will shoot another email, thanks for the tip !

1 Like