Text Areas in Data Grids

I’m using a text area in a data grid column. In my app, when I use the bottom right handle to resize the text area, it allows me to stretch it into the column on the right so they overlap. Then I can’t get at the resize handle to make it smaller.

When I tried to recreate this in a test app to show this problem, it behaves like I’d expect, I can resize the text area vertically but not horizontally.

I’ve played around with fixed and non-fixed column widths, and can’t get it to break in my test app. But I can’t get it to behave in my actual app.

Any ideas on what I should look for?

I created a new app to hold some components I intended to reuse, and the problem showed up there. So I have a relatively small app that shows the problem:

https://anvil.works/build#clone:LPDFSHLANKXREPBO=HJHTWKNFMAEEZ3ZUBOY62URE

To recreate the issue, run the app, click on Create Ticket and submit a support ticket. Then click on View Open Tickets As Admin. You should see your support ticket listed. Click on any of the fields on it to see a detail view.

In the detail view the Message column has a text area in it. On my machines, I can resize that so it overlaps the When column. After that I can’t resize it anymore.

Yes, this does appear to be a bug. Thanks for the report and nice reproduction case, we’ll look into it.

1 Like