[FIXED] Strange behavior - renaming forms with the rename button

So I am experimenting with some simple sites, and have worked through a couple of the guided exercises.

I am having real problems just creating and renaming forms. I have a form called ‘Main’. If I click ‘Add a New Form’ I gen a new form called Form1 at the same level as Main. I then click the down-arrow and select ‘Rename’, and enter ‘ProjectView’. The form then ‘jumps’ to be a sub of Main, still called ‘Form1’. If I try and rename that, it ends up being called ‘Main.ProjectView.Form1’

I’m on Firefox on a Mac.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Chris
1 Like

Hi Chris,

Just a thought, when you are adding a new form, do you have the ‘Main’ form highlighted?
I think the new forms are added under the currently selected item

No this happens whatever is highlighted. If I do it at the top level the Form1 initially appears as a peer of Main. But then when I try and rename it it ignores the renaming and instead moves it to being under Main

Hi Chris, I can’t seem to recreate this…

Could you attach a screenshot of your form structure?

Or better still a gif that shows the issue… I use this gif screen recorder which works pretty well https://recordit.co/

Here’s an example of the behavior:

1 Like

This is definitely a bug. I was able to recreate.

This happens when you click the rename button.

For now - after you type ProjectView - hit Enter rather than clicking the rename button and you should get the expected behaviour.

2 Likes

I can reproduce this too. Moving to Bug Reports, thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

Thanks, hitting Enter instead of the button works. Glad it wasn’t just me being crazy!

Thanks, Chris