Show off your legacy code!

As I mentioned in my intro post, I love working with legacy code - I really admire folks who take care of old codebases and keep them in working order.

So I’m wondering what folks might have built with Anvil atop existing codebases! Tell me about your elegant Anvil apps built atop old commercial systems, or how Anvil is helping you migrate from a battle-hardened legacy setup to something more modern.

Of course, legacy code doesn’t have to be decades old to count! Things written in Python 2.7 might be eligible these days :wink: Really, any large unwieldy codebase is a legacy, I think - I’m interested in all sorts of projects where you’ve been working with a mass of existing code.

So tell me your war stories!

(PS - I appreciate quite a few legacy projects have confidentiality needs - so if you just want to raise a hand or describe your project in very general terms, that’s more than welcome!)

2 Likes

Let’s just say the subject of this talk is no longer written in django rest framework and angular. The db, however, lives on…

https://pyvideo.org/djangocon-europe-2015/owen-campbell-an-ageing-coder-tackles-his-ageing.html

4 Likes

@owen.campbell watched and enjoyed your speech… I’m in almost the same age and had almost the same path, I could figure myself in every-and-single stage you talked about :grin: :+1:
BTW - I loved coding in assembly…

1 Like