[DONE] Set Page Title to 'Anvil + $App Name' instead of 'Anvil - Drag and Drop Python web apps'

Like many of you, I have a lot of tabs open in my browser and sometimes multiple Anvil apps open in different tabs.

To make it easier to identify which tab contains which app, it would be nice if the page title was set to ‘Anvil - $App Name’, rather than 'Anvil - Drag and Drop Python web apps’

3 Likes

Hi there,

Have you tried setting the “Titles and Logos”

sc

Then you’ll get something you can customize, for example:
sc2

Hi Campopianoa,

Thanks for the input, but I think you’ve misunderstood. I didn’t mean the title of the app that i’m building which is to be published, I meant the title element for the Anvil Editor title element should contain the app name i’ve currently got loaded in it. Small UX niggle.

Ah yes, I misunderstood. Apologies for that.

Ticket raised in issue tracker.

1 Like

Bump.

Here is what I keep looking at:

I would slightly change the request and invert the two text fields, which is what most Windows applications do:

• My File.xlsx - Excel
  • My App Name - Anvil

If anyone out there can get the browser to execute this automatically it would solve the problem (and would let Anvil central know that we really want this :slight_smile:):

$("title").text($('[title="Click to rename your app"]').text().trim() + ' - Anvil')
3 Likes

Shipping soon to a browser near you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

5 Likes

I see this has now been changed - small change but extremely satisfying. Thank you!