Scheduled Maintenance: Sunday 16th of April

Hi everyone,

This Sunday we need to do some maintenance that will interrupt access to your applications and to the Anvil editor for a few minutes. This will start at around 0800 UTC on Sunday the 16th of April (that’s 0400 US Eastern time).

Apologies for any inconvenience - we’ll keep the downtime as short as we can, and we’ll update this thread to let you know when everything is back to normal afterwards.

6 Likes

Any update on how much longer the maintenance will take?
We didn’t inform our customers cause I thought it would be as fast as the last ones.

If its more then 20 more minutes - please let me know, then I have to write a quick newsletter

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

This one is taking a bit longer than we’d hoped. I don’t have a clear estimate of the remaining time at this point, but I will keep updating this thread as I know more.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

3 Likes

God, this is killing me. pls pls Thor, make this quick!

1 Like

Hey guys this is becoming a real problem for us. For a Point of Sale System sunday morning is high time and there are already a lot of stores (everyone that reloaded) that cant sell any more because of this outage.

Any updates?

yeah I am in deep trouble

Hi folks,

I can confirm this outage continues, and we’re still working on it! We’re working on a rollback with an ETA of about 15 minutes if it works, which we’re hoping it does as fervently as you are, but I cannot commit to that number. We’re running a full backup recovery in parallel in case it doesn’t.

(This downtime really did take 2 minutes in rehearsals…)

2 Likes

thanks for the update and ETA.

1 Like

It worked! :pray: We’re on our way back up…

1 Like

its back down again?

It is still back down

Sorry for my harsh comment, But is NEVER a good time to do maintenance @michaellavers @mark.breuss
Just let the anvil team do their thing!

From my experience the anvil team are having an excellent uptime.

1 Like

@tobias.carlbom thanks for your input. My reply is for another time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

APL36MR5C2TIJHO5 still falling over with mainly timeout errors …

OK thanks a lot it seems to work again, but I have : “anvil.server.TimeoutError: Server code took too long
I am from Belgium and the server for me is located in Nivelles Belgium, if I am right. Most of the time it is very slow and sometimes noticeably quicker (not often), so please if you have time can you also look at this? App for my personal use, is not such a big issue, but the apps that made for others are a big issue of complaints.

We’re in London, and yeah for us it’s a big deal as it affects our business …

I would wait for the official announcement that it is back up. They will be quick to tell us when they are sure it’s stable again.

Now it seems to work again 12:40 CET

No more timeout errors here either. :crossed_fingers: